[exim] fallback_hosts and interface

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: V. T. Mueller, Continum
A: exim-users
Asunto: [exim] fallback_hosts and interface
Hello,

Can fallback_hosts be combined with a different interface option
in the same transport?

Under certain circumstances I have mails waiting on one server
because the next hop is unreachable. I can easily cope with that
situation by making use of fallback_hosts, relaying messages over
another machine that does have a direct path.

Where I´m stuck right now is when the remote_smtp transport needs
the interface option point to a nic where the intermediate relay
host is not reachable. Telling exim to use a specific interface
when using fallback_hosts should do the job. I just haven´t found
a way to accomplish this.

Or is there a more elegant way to route those messages? I thought
for a moment about ignoring the target ips in the general outbound
router, handling them in a second by pointing to a different
transport. Using two routers appears to be somewhat quirky to me,
though. If ever possible I would like to see those messages go
down one router, being differentiated on the transport level.

Any ideas?

TIA,
vt

--