Re: [exim] Logfiles

Top Pagina
Auteur: David Woodhouse
Aan: exim-users
CC: Wakko Warner
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] Logfiles
On Wed, 2004-09-15 at 14:55 +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> Perhaps you are referring to log_file_path? As it says in the manual,
> this is expanded when exim is entered. Since processes that handle
> connections are forked from the daemon without re-execution, it is not
> re-expanded. So I'm afraid you can't do what you want. Besides, if the
> log is open in the daemon, the forked process will inherit the open file
> and never even look at the name.

You might be able to contrive some solution by using
'log_file_path = syslog' and '+incoming_interface' in your log_selector,
then doing something cunning with syslog-ng.

I don't know if syslog-ng is versatile enough to do what you'd be asking
of it, and I suspect you may need to lobby Phil to include the incoming
interface on more than just '<=' lines, although the bits in green in
the spec imply that maybe that's already been done.

--
dwmw2