Re: [exim] exim4 needs CAP_SYS_RESOURCE?

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Marc Schiffbauer
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] exim4 needs CAP_SYS_RESOURCE?
* Michael Haardt schrieb am 15.09.04 um 16:27 Uhr:

> > core file size        (blocks, -c) 0
> > data seg size         (kbytes, -d) unlimited
> > file size             (blocks, -f) unlimited
> > max locked memory     (kbytes, -l) unlimited
> > max memory size       (kbytes, -m) unlimited
> > open files                    (-n) 1024
> > pipe size          (512 bytes, -p) 8
> > stack size            (kbytes, -s) 8192
> > cpu time             (seconds, -t) unlimited
> > max user processes            (-u) 4087
> > virtual memory        (kbytes, -v) unlimited

> > So I gues this is not too restrictive...
>
> Indeed. Try removing setting RLIMIT_NPROC and see if that causes the
> problem. I noticed that deliver.c also uses setrlimit() unconditionally,
> so I suggest to try that one as well, in case your Exim performs local
> deliveries. Once you found which calls cause your problem, try using
> getrlimit() to obtain their values, like Exim does with file descriptors,
> and only call setrlimit() if needed.

Hm, think this not so easy. This is a production box with debian
packages that I did not compile myself, so...

Maybe I'll at night.

But why does this only happen if apache (www-data) calls the binary?

It does not happen at exim4 startuo for example (user mail)

-Marc

--
8AAC 5F46 83B4 DB70 8317 3723 296C 6CCA 35A6 4134