Re: [exim] Logfiles

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Wakko Warner
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Logfiles
On Wed, 15 Sep 2004, Wakko Warner wrote:

> When the logfile option is expanded, does this happen in the listening
> daemon only or does it also happen in the process handling connections.
>
> I want to use $interface_port as part of the log name without having to run
> 2 daemons.

logfile is a filter command. It is expanded in the filter, which is part
of delivery. I am therefore confused by your reference to the daemon and
connection handling.

Perhaps you are referring to log_file_path? As it says in the manual,
this is expanded when exim is entered. Since processes that handle
connections are forked from the daemon without re-execution, it is not
re-expanded. So I'm afraid you can't do what you want. Besides, if the
log is open in the daemon, the forked process will inherit the open file
and never even look at the name.