Re: [exim] exim4 needs CAP_SYS_RESOURCE?

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Philip Hazel
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Michael Haardt
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] exim4 needs CAP_SYS_RESOURCE?
On Wed, 15 Sep 2004, Michael Haardt wrote:

>   #ifdef RLIMIT_NOFILE
>   if (getrlimit(RLIMIT_NOFILE, &rlp) < 0)
>     rlp.rlim_cur = rlp.rlim_max = 0;

> Just curious, why the above?

To read the exising limits, and assume zero if reading fails. But I
can't remember why I wrote it like that. Or even if I did - it might
have been submitted code. This is not something I would ever have
dreamed up; it was a response to a real problem.

> This part does not check if the limit is already set to RLIM_INFINITY
> (or 1000 if not defined). May that cause the described problem?

Could be.