[exim] dnslists and host_reject_connection

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Brian
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: [exim] dnslists and host_reject_connection
Hello all,

Wondering if somehow this could be done.

My setup is a FreeBSD 5.2.1-p9 box with exim 4.42+27 out of ports. I
also have pf with spamd (not spam assassin).

I have a script that once a minute grep/awk/sed the reject log for
people that I have turned away b/c of their existence on the few dnsbl's
that I use and send them to a spamd table. This helps me to keep the
same dnsbl offender from reconnecting 2k times a day only to be rejected
again. I filter mail for a few busy domains and see onwards and upwards
of 300k-400k smtp connects a day (with this setup)

I found that exim costs me >2m per connection so I was looking at
something to keep the connections down but to still be able to have
evidence of dnsbl existence and customized messages.

(if you are unaware of what spamd is check this link:
http://tinyurl.com/97un )

What I'm wondering that could be done.. is that when someone is rejected
b/c of a dnsbl could exim immediately append their Ip into an sql
table, which could then be uniq sorted and a list be built from that?

Also if that is possible I'm sure it would be possible to get
host_reject_connection to read from that sql table and be able to reject
that IP before they are passed off into spamd.

Clues and hints are appreciated.

- Brian