Re: [exim] Pre-emptive fallback hosts ?

Top Pagina
Auteur: Chris Edwards
Aan: Jerry Nicholls
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] Pre-emptive fallback hosts ?
On Tue, 14 Sep 2004, Jerry Nicholls wrote:

| I'm looking to put together a configuration akin to grey listing whereby
| if too many emails from a customer fail or defer then all mail from that
| IP address is automatically shunted onto the fallback hosts without even
| trying.

First of all you'll need a way to flag when too many emails fail or defer.
I'd be inclined to use a log-watcher script, but no idea if that's
practical in your environment. Whatever, I guess you'll end up with a
table of maybe-compromised customer IP addresses.

Then you'd simply add a "sendtofallback" router, which comes before the
main dnslookup router, and punts all mail from those IP to the fallback
host.

--
Chris Edwards, Glasgow University Computing Service