Re: [exim] smtp transport process returned non-zero status 0…

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Philip Hazel
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Jesse Regier
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] smtp transport process returned non-zero status 0x0009
On Sat, 11 Sep 2004, Jesse Regier wrote:

> I found these with debugging turned on. (/usr/exim/bin/exim -bdf
> -d+all -q15m)
>

> 15:05:16 9044 set_process_info: 9044 reading output from
> |/usr/exim/bin/exim -d -oMr spam-scanned -bS
>
> 15:05:25 9044 Too much output from pipe - killed

That is a check in the pipe transport, controlled by the max_output
option, which defaults to 20K.

What it is supposed to do is to kill the pipe process and return an
error. What did you see in the debug output after that message?

> Could this have anything to do with it? It would seem to me that these
> would happen well before it got to the remote_smtp transport but it's
> the only place I can see anything getting killed.

Very odd, because your crash was in the remote_smtp transport, and that
message is in the pipe transport. Should be completely unrelated, as you
suggest.

> Would "use_bsmtp" in the spamcheck transport show an error like this?

Should not be relevant.

> Will the above debugging show everything after the pipe transport to
> check spam? There is quite a maze of processes going on when calling
> the spamcheck transport.

Yes, for pipe transports there is indeed...