Re: [OT] PGP/SMIME [Was Re: [exim] Exim + Amavis + SpamAssas…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Joseph A. Nagy, Jr.
Betreff: Re: [OT] PGP/SMIME [Was Re: [exim] Exim + Amavis + SpamAssassin]
On Mon, Sep 13, 2004 at 11:56:34AM +1200, Juha Saarinen wrote the following:
> On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 17:00:14 -0500, Joseph A. Nagy, Jr.
> <jnagyjr@???> wrote:
>
> <quote trimming>
>
> > My key is available, but yes, I do sign everything. I have mutt set to that
> > behavior for default. I know of GPG's --clearsign option, but that isn't the
> > proper way to sign emails according to rfc2015[0]. It's nice to know though
> > that I'm a luser because I choose to sign my emails.
>
> Carry on signing your emails by all means.
>
> Stripping digital signatures from mailing lists is actually a good
> idea. Imagine a high-traffic list where everyone signed their messages
> and your mail reader tried to verify the signatures. Since others have
> already pointed out that nobody really cares who you are on a mailing
> lists, message signing just causes unnecessary resource utilisation,
> waste of time and thus, it's considered a nuisance.

Heh, you'd hate any of the Gentoo mailing lists then, as you would most of
the other lists I'm on (about 90% of the mailing lists I'm on allow PGP
signing).

> > --
>
> That needs to be "dash dash space" to work.

Works just fine as is for me.

--
AIM: pres CTHULHU | ICQ: 18115568 | Yahoo: pagan_prince
Jabber: DarkKnightRadick@(jabber.org|amessage.at) | Libertarian @ Large