Re: [exim] Mail Looping

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Tim Jackson
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] Mail Looping
Hi Graham, on Sat, 11 Sep 2004 14:19:51 +0200 you wrote:

> Hello exim-users,
>
> I would appreciate it if the exim experts can look at the enclosed
> snippit of logfile and help me figure out why we are stuck in a mail
> loop.

I could be wrong, but it looks to me like the skynet.be user (note that
it's a dialup/ADSL line that's sending the mails) is resubmitting the
mails after they've been sent to them. This is often an indication of a
broken and/or misconfigured POP3 download program, which I've seen on more
than one occasion. (It usually happens when you try to get a POP3 download
program that tries to divide up a single POP3 box into multiple recipients
- i.e. muiltidrop - it's tricky to do correctly, and if it's done wrong it
often ends up with the recipient effectively resubmitting the original
mail, which I think is what you're seeing).

So I'd say it doesn't look like you're doing anything wrong. Contact
whoever the skynet.be user is and ask them if by chance they have a
server-based POP3 download program or similar.

Tim