Re: [exim] pipe command in user filter - pleas help!

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Swantje & Michael Ludwig
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] pipe command in user filter - pleas help!

Hi again,

Swantje & Michael Ludwig schrieb:
> To me that seems as exim saved the file as expected in the /tmp
> directory, but didn't expand the variable "$message_id" in the
> piping command.

so as I could figure out till now against my previous assumption
my script really gets the message_id delivered in the first
variable.

All right. So I have the following in my filter and bash script:

.forward:
save /tmp/$message_id

myscript.sh:
email_tmp_file=/tmp/$1
cat $email_tmp_file

Now this doesn't work at all.
I know that the script runs under the correct user with whom
the delivery is done too and the .forward is read.

The script is able to read /tmp (do a directory listing), but no
files in the directory can be read.
Even if the file has a chmod 777, the script absolutely can't read
any file.

Is there some limitation within .forward files that external files
can't be read??

I'm don't know what is going on here...

Please be so nice and help me out here a bit more!

Michael