Re: [exim] pipe command in user filter - pleas help!

Autor: Swantje & Michael Ludwig
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] pipe command in user filter - pleas help!

Hi Phil,

> Philip Hazel schrieb:
> The pipe command will not be run *until Exim delivers a message to that
> address*. It does not run during filtering. Therefore, you cannot get it
> to run while filter testing. Instead, run a command like this:

Okay, I got that. So I don't have to run filter testing anymore,
result is testing on the "hard base" with real emails...

> exim -d someone@???
> some message

So I tested with this command and a test mail and finally I got
this in the debug:

=====================================
After routing:
  Local deliveries:
    michi@???
    |/admin/myscript.sh $message_id
    /tmp/1C677t-0005wx-W8
  Remote deliveries:
  Failed addresses:
  Deferred addresses:
search_tidyup called

To me that seems as exim saved the file as expected in the /tmp
directory, but didn't expand the variable "$message_id" in the
piping command.
Why not? What am I doing wrong??

Michael