Re: [exim] Filtering with .forward files

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: John W. Baxter
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] Filtering with .forward files
On 9/10/2004 8:04, "Eric Bishop" <ebishop@???> wrote:

> Thanks all for the replies...
>
> We do have full root access so we can access the system filters, they are
> located in exim.conf? Right?
> Also, we are trying to log all of OUR outgoing mail for an account that all
> employees use to reply to customers. We want to be able to review the emails
> for customer service.
>
> Also, since everyone is stating that we can not use a .forward file to log
> all outgoing mail from a specific account, would we just enter what we had
> in the .forward file into the exim.conf file? Like this:
>
> # Exim filter
> if error_message then finish endif
> if $header_from: contains "joeuser@???"
> then
> unseen save /home/our_account/test.txt
> endif
>
> Or would this have to be placed in another file and then referenced from
> exim.cnf.
>
> Any help on how to do this exactly would be great.

The Exim configuration file contains a line in the main part (before the
first begin xxx) like

system_filter = /path/to/system/filter

which tells Exim where the system filter file is located.

That is built like your .forward file, although it has a few extra
capabilities compared with a user .filter file. We used to use this method
to capture outgoing mail from the billing department.

I believe you will find that Exim is running as the exim user when it does
the save, so the target file needs to be writeable by the exim user (and
creatable, meaning the directory writeable unless you hand-create the file
and/or your file rotation creates an empty one).

--John