[exim] New lines in an in-line ACL

Autor: Doug Jolley
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] New lines in an in-line ACL
Hi --

I want to have an ACL condition that looks like
this:

    acl = in-line_acl

And my in-line ACL needs to look like this:

    verb condition1
         condition2

The documentation seems to be pretty clear that I
can have a newline character in an in-line ACL.
So, I thought, "Ah, this is one of those rare
cases where I need to enclose the whole in-line
ACL in double quotes. Unfortunately that didn't
work. My next thought was to keep the whole
in-line ACL within double quotes and also keep it
on a single physical line with the newline being
represented by a \n. That didn't work either.
I'm fresh out of ideas on this one. I know that
I must be missing something pretty basic. Can
someone please help me out? Thanks for any
input.

     ... doug