Re: [exim] Does "deliver_time" work for deferrals?

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Philip Hazel
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Marcin Owsiany
Kopio: Exim users mailing list
Aihe: Re: [exim] Does "deliver_time" work for deferrals?
On Wed, 8 Sep 2004, Marcin Owsiany wrote:

> Does "deliver_time" also cause DT=<time> to be added to the "==" log
> lines as well? The NewStuff would suggest that it only does that for
> "=>" lines, but I would like to make sure (I'm not running >= 4.32 yet).

An experiment would have given you the answer, which is "no".

> If it does not log that for deferrals, could it be made to do that,
> please? The problem is that on my site often all queue runners are up,
> but the delivery rate is low. So I found out that I could use DT to find
> out which messages are taking long to deliver. However messages for
> which deliveries fail temporarily block the queue runners in the same
> way, so I would also need their times to get a full view.

I can wishlist this, but there is a technical problem in that the field
that is used to return the delivery time by the transport is the same
field that is used for an error code in failing cases. I am loath to
expand the per-address data structure because it is already quite large,
and this matters when you have 1000 addresses in a message (something
that does happen).