Re: [exim] Routing outgoing email only

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Peter Bowyer
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Routing outgoing email only
Mehul N. Sanghvi said:

>      Actually that helps a lot more (at least someone like me) then you
> realise.

>      Coming from a Postfix world, Exim is an alien world, and getting
> to know how to think in terms of the alien world, rather then just
> knowing what to say and what to do, is, in my humble opinion, much better.

>       From my perspective, Exim seems like a Sendmail with much better
> configuration language.  I know that "much better" is an understatement.
> Gives you the same capabilities to shoot yourself in the foot.

Yes, that's certainly true. You can do a huge number of things with Exim,
most of them in a number of different ways. It's quite difficult sometimes
to answer a simple question like 'How do I make Exim do xxx' without going
through the different possibilities.

All this tends to give the impression that it's difficult to accomplish
simple things - usually it's not difficult at all, but a basic
understanding of the principles can help the new user work out how to do
things in a more Exim-like way, rather than simply copy and paste examples
from the FAQ.

Good luck....

Peter