Re: [exim] Routing outgoing email only

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Peter Bowyer
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Routing outgoing email only
Mehul N. Sanghvi <mnsanghvi@???> wrote:
> Hochstrasser Benedikt wrote:
>
>> Mehul N. Sanghvi wrote:
>>

>> send_to_gateway:
>>       driver = manualroute
>>       domains = !+virtual_domains
>>       transport = remote_smtp
>>       route_list = * smtp.comcast.net

>> In the FAQ, "local_domains" is used instead of "virtual_domains". I
>> do have virtual_domains setup correctly with the domains I am using.
>>
>> The problem with this is that incoming email also gets routed
>> smtp.comcast.net which is not something I want. How do I go about
>> narrowing the above to fit only the outgoing scenario ?
>> <<<
>>
>> Domains = !+virtual_domains : !+local_domains
>>

> Thanks !! that seems to be working. I'll have to re-read the specs
> on local_domains and "@" being in it.

I find it easier to consider what you want the router to do from first
principles, rather than get hung up on what the domainlists happen to be
called. This is clearly a case when you want the router to handle everything
except mail which is delivered locally. So a domainlist which defines what
is delivered locally is called for - you can use it negatively in this
router.

@ is a neat shortcut for the local host name. So the simplest domainlist to
use here would just contain '@' - meaning mail addressed to the local host.
Add any other locally-delivered domains to this list.

Peter (probably not helping)