Re: [exim] Project for Exim/Spamassassin Users - User Manage…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: T. Horsnell (tsh)
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Project for Exim/Spamassassin Users - User Management

>* Marc Perkel <marc@???> [20040906 19:23]: wrote:
>> Here's a project for some moderately sharp programmer that we can all
>> use. I'll spec it out and see where this goes.
>>
>> The goal - to provide user management for end users for a variety of
>> settings that end email users can set themselves. I'm going to assume
>> you are using Exim - Spam Assassin and saslauthd or something similar.
>> Probably PHP is a good platform for this.
>>
>> The user sees a login screen asking for their userid and password. This
>> is the same user id and password thet they use to get their email. It
>> will then run testsasldauth and authenticate against their email
>> account. Once they are authenticated - they will be presented with a
>> number of files to edit including a vacation message - white lists -
>> black lists - forwarding - etc. These will be saves as text files
>> somewhere inder /etc/exim or something like that. And example might be:
>>
>> /etc/exim/prefs/user@???/blacklist
>>
>> This interface will be all about managing persinal setting based on an
>> authenticated login.
>>
>> On the backened we create Exim routers and filters to process this. As
>> to Blacklist/Whitelists - we set a header and pass that onto
>> spamassassin for scoring and clear the headers on return.
>>
>> The main objective of this piece of code will be to authenticate and
>> allow editing of text files by the end user.
>>
>> Who likes this idea and will write it?
>
>Avleen Vig started a project called Vexim. It's now Vexim v2 and it's
>available at http://silverwraith.com/vexim.
>It's Open Source and so you can extend it to write to text files. It
>already does alot of what you are after. Take a look at it and submit
>patches that will create those text files in $mailroot/$domain/$user/.
>The reason for that is so that if $user is deleted, those files should
>be rm-ed as well.
>It may turn out to be easy for you to get the whitelists/blacklists
>written into the DB (it is MySQL based) and then you can craft a small
>app that would extract those details and write them into cdb format,
>as in $mailroot/$domain/$user/{white|black}-lists.cdb.
>That will improve the processing efficiency.
>It gets complicated when you want to use regexes in those white/black
>lists, but nothing is impossible.
>
>I use Vexim2 on 4 sites for clients running their own Exim and it's
>very stable. Just keep of the CVS version at the beginning! ;)

>HTH

I wrote a similar thing a year or two ago. Users initially authenticate
with their Unix userid/password, and are then presented with a web screen
which offers them:

.forward file management
vacation message management
opportunity to set extra email aliases for themselves
local message-list (un)subscribe
a simple(r) interface for setting Exim per-user filters
an interface for management of a per-user bogofilter
(training with their own spam and ham files and
optional retrieval of spam which has been dumped in
a per-user circulating spam bucket)

Its a messy bunch of perl cgi scripts with a few bits of C
to do permission-sensitive things. Its extra-messy because
most of the filtering action takes place on a mail hub where there
are no user accounts, but the users mail/.forward/.vacation
files live on a different host, so I dont know how portable
it would be...

Cheers,
Terry.