RE: [exim] Performance considerations

Autor: Peter Savitch
A: exim-users
Assumpte: RE: [exim] Performance considerations
Well, I agree with Suresh and Philip about the queue splitting is
generally a bad idea for Exim. Forget about it. I don't know about NFS
in modern kernels, in 2.2 it was a permanent headache BTW.

In such a nice datacenter produced by Suresh the main drawback becomes a
minor one: if a cluster member goes down, it takes down it's (small)
queue: this condition I actually meant by drawback. The smaller queue
means fewer problems.

Summarizing: large Exim installation should first minimize the resulting
`front end' queue size by any means. Queueing state, unfortunately, is a
wide-spread practice for ISPs, and I don't see mentionable trends to
address this problem by Exim itself. Spend money for the new shiny
clusters and smart heads.

2 Suresh: Thanks for the PPT.