Re: [exim] generating a correct message-id

Author: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: Swantje & Michael Ludwig
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] generating a correct message-id
Swantje & Michael Ludwig wrote:

> Till now my exim 4.42 generates the message id - sorry,
> my MUA isn't able to do this (Thunderbird) - taking
> the internal network domain "stargate.swami.net"
> whereby this is absolutely nonsense in my case, just
> because of the fact that the domain "swami.net" exists
> in real life but has absolutely no association with me.

Thunderbird does generate a message-id with the RHS being the domain in
the envelope sender

The format of this message-id hasn't changed since netscape composer /
communicator I guess

41359712.1080901@??? for example (or check my headers). This
email is composed using a recent (~2..3 days old) build of thunderbird