Re: [exim] Exim Relaying Problem

Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: dcartledge
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Exim Relaying Problem
On Fri, 2004-09-03 at 13:21 +0100, dave wrote:
> I am having some problems getting Exim to relay email from the local domain.
>
> I need to be able to relay mail from *@domain.com to anywhere

You really really should not do this - it is commonly called being an
open relay, and will be picked up by spammers fairly quickly.

Relay control should be done on the basis of sending hosts (ie IP
address ranges) or SMTP authentication. Sender domain is just too easy
to forge and is used as a standard spammer hacking technique.

> - however
> I cannot seem to get this working. I have tried
> "relay_match_host_or_sender" but this does not seem to be working.

What version of exim? Sounds like it is probably version 3.x in which
case you may have problems getting a reasonable response since exim 4.x
has been out for more than 2 years and very very few people on the list
use 3.x or can remember how to configure it.

    Nigel.