Re: [exim] log error

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: Exim-Users
Subject: Re: [exim] log error
Ron McKeating said:
> can anybody tell me why this error occurs, user is trying to send a 28
> M/B attachment using Outlook Express, latest exim, big gnarly server
> with lots of disk space and 4 G Ram.
>
> 1C39cr-0000iS-N9 Spool file is locked (another process is handling this
> message)

It's almost certainly not an error - a queue runner came across the
message, but found that it was already being dealt with by another process
- either an older queue runner or the original process which accepted the
message. In other words, the time taken to deal with the large message is
greater than your -qxx interval.

This can be treated as a FYI as long as the big message gets delivered
eventually, and it isn't happening with small messages.

Peter