Re: [exim] Outlook problem

Autor: Kjetil Torgrim Homme
A: Fred Viles
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Outlook problem
On Wed, 2004-08-25 at 18:20 -0700, Fred Viles wrote:
> You could try disabling pipelining via pipelining_advertise_hosts.
> pipelining_advertise_hosts is "expanded before use" so you could
> possibly disable it conditionally for the offending user's hosts.
>
> FWIW, I disable pipelining for an external connections here, because
> it makes smtp_enforce_sync *way* more effective at blocking
> spamware/malware generated messages. But mine is not a high volume
> site...

aha, this is a useful setting to tweak. let me suggest:

pipelining_advertise_hosts = ${if eq {$sender_host_name}{$sender_helo_name}\
                                  {*}{}}

now only hosts with matching EHLO argument and DNS will be able to use
PIPELINING. it's good to "reward" correct implementations.

since Outlook _never_ gets EHLO right (doesn't send FQDN), this will
turn off PIPELINING for those users, too :-)

--
Kjetil T.