Re: [exim] [NEWBIE] Confused

Author: Tim Jackson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] [NEWBIE] Confused
On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 19:05:10 +0100 I wrote:

[queue_run_max]
> Roland Roberts:
> > How do I know that the value I've chosen is too low?
> If your machine is getting overloaded, basically. Setting it too low is
> not going actually hurt anything; it's just going to slow down mail
> delivery.

Blah, of course I got the sense of this wrong. You know it's too *low* if
it's taking an unreasonable amount of time to get mail off your queue, and
your machine is not heavily loaded.

You know it's too *high* if your resources (CPU/bandwidth/whatever) are
getting overloaded with queue runners trying to deliver mail.

Tim