Re: [exim] [Exim RPM w/ mysql-enable for FC2] Anybody out th…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Wakko Warner
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: exim-users
Temas nuevos: Re: [exim] [Exim RPM w/ mysql-enable for FC2] Anybody out therewhohad installed mysql enabled exim rpm for fedora core 2?
Asunto: Re: [exim] [Exim RPM w/ mysql-enable for FC2] Anybody out there whohad installed mysql enabled exim rpm for fedora core 2?
> > I've been thinking for a while of patching exim so that all lookups,
> > authenticators, routers, transports, etc are loadable modules. This would
> > make it easier to add modules to the program w/o recompiling the whole
> > thing. Be nicer if it were written that once you -HUP the daemon, it'll
> > load the required modules depending on the runtime config file.
>
> Just be very careful to think about security issues. You need to be sure
> that anything you load dynamically comes from the right place. I'm not
> so much thinking of the daemon here, but what happens when an
> unprivileged user runs exim.

I hadn't really given it a thought as to where the modules would be, but I
would think that looking in only 1 place would work.

base path would be /usr/lib/exim and under that, you'd have a directory for
routers, transports, authenticators, etc.