Re: [exim] Exim 4.42 release

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim 4.42 release
Thomas Hochstein wrote:

>Andreas Metzler schrieb:
>

>>>Is there a demand for this?
>>>

>>Yes, I'd like to see that (of course still with a sane message size
>>limit). - I occassionally would like to use PGP/MIME.
>>

>It is not a problem for Mailman to let *some* kinds of attachments
>through, while discarding others; this is especially true for
>multipart/signed.

Which still leaves the problem of the archiver - I'm not happy about the
postings having significant additional content to the archives.
Unfortunately the archiver currently in use (Mailman's own pipermail) is
still somewhat deficient (although much better than before) in handling
attachments - text/plain gets completely inlined which means its a cut &
paste job to retreive with the problems that that method brings (ie
think of Philip's signature problem last week). I'll look at
integrating MHonArc unless someone has any better suggestions as to a
decent mail archiver.

    Nigel.