Re: [exim] Logging to a database

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: David Powers
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Logging to a database
I see advantages and disadvantages to using the existing exim logging
mechanism. On the one hand you are sure to get everything that is currently
logged to the flat file in your database, but on the other you are going to
get everything. ;) At the very least you are going to have to pick through
the log output for the items you are really interested in. I think the
advantage of the database logging via acls is that it allows you to save
exactly what you want and easily change the format. No patching, no external
programs. If the acl runs, the item gets logged with exactly the information
you choose. This, of course, is only useful for mail logging. Panic
conditions, crashes, spool run times, etc... those are still in the basic
logs and I don't know a good way to capture most of them via the acls.

-David Powers