Re: [exim] sender return-path mismatch again

Author: Marten Lehmann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] sender return-path mismatch again
> This part can be fixed by simple rewriting, this seems to work on one
> of our webservers (Exim 3, yes, I know, it could do with an upgrade):
>
> www-data@* "${if def:h_from: {$h_from:}{<webmaster@???>}}" Frsw

of course I can change the From-header, but what I need to change is the
sender-address (not From in the data-part, but MAIL FROM = return-path
in the smtp envelope).

> However, this does bring in the problem of tracking who sendt mail, in
> our case at least.

No, example header generated by exim:

    id 1BxmAr-0003Zp-WE; Thu, 19 Aug 2004 14:37:45 +0200

"nobody" is the linux-user who send the mail, no matter which sender and
from-address he choosed.

It seems that a wrapper script is the easiest way from of this. Just
iterate through arguments, check if there's one beginning with "-f" and
if not, parse the mail-data for a From-lind and set my own -f argument.

Regards
Marten