Re: [exim] sender return-path mismatch again

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Marten Lehmann
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] sender return-path mismatch again
Hello,

> Can the PHP internals be configured to talk SMTP over TCP instead of
> calling the sendmail binary? This might be a route to explore.

generally yes, but in this case no, because all users share one php.ini
and thus can't authenticate on the smtp-server. If all users share the
same authentication, there's no way to trace which user send which
email. The solution must be in the sendmail-binary, because virtually
all scripts, no matter if perl or php, rely on it. It's impossible to
explain to all users, that our configuration is different from the
configuration of all remaining providers.