[exim] Bug in 4.34: ${substr with empty second argument not …

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Andreas Metzler
A: exim-users
Asunto: [exim] Bug in 4.34: ${substr with empty second argument not working.
Hello,
I just found that ${substr is slightly broken in 4.34, this does not
work:
| If the second number is omitted from substr, the remainder of the
| string is taken if the offset was positive. If it was negative, all
| characters in the string preceding the offset point are taken. For
| example, an offset of -1 and no length yields all but the last
| character of the string.

It is easy to test:
/usr/sbin/exim -be '${substr_1_:12345}'
should yield "2345" according to the docs, but it does yield an empty
string instead. ('${substr{-1}{}{12345}}' does not work either.)

Could people please doublecheck, whether this applies to 4.4*, too?
              cu andreas