Re: [exim] Let the 'postmaster' callout option be damned

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: David Woodhouse
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Let the 'postmaster' callout option be damned
On Wed, 2004-08-25 at 10:55 +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Aug 2004, David Woodhouse wrote:
>
> > How about a combination of #2 and #4?
> >
> > Postmaster callouts are disabled unless a global option
> > 'postmaster_callout_sender' is set?
>
> Why add the extra switch? Currently postmaster callouts are disabled
> unless you explicitly enable them in the ACL. Adding an extra step is
> just like those annoying systems that won't delete a file unless you
> "confirm" 5 times...

The extra switch is to specify the source address to be used with the
callout. If you _really_ want it to be MAIL FROM:<> then you can, but
personally I'd much rather switch to using a different address -- one I
can ensure won't provoke further callouts.

I tend to agree with Tim that it would be useful to discourage
unthinking use of the empty sender with postmaster callouts -- hence the
suggestion that postmaster callouts shouldn't happen unless
'postmaster_callout_sender' is explicitly set. I'm not _too_ set on that
part though -- I'd just like the option of specifying the source
address.

--
dwmw2