Re: [exim] exim and mysql persistant connections

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Paul
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] exim and mysql persistant connections
On Wed, 25 Aug 2004, Paul wrote:

> we run a large site with exim4.41 and mysql and we notice it doesn't use a
> single persistant connection.
> Is there any way to make exim do this?

No, because Exim is designed to run as a number of independent,
short-lived processes, with no master "control" process. (The daemon
process is not a control process; it is just a listener.)

There has been talk of somebody writing a "database cache daemon" that
would run continuously and handle connections to a variety of databases,
and keep cached data. If such a thing were written, Exim could
communicate with it using the ${socket feature. But it would have to be
well written so as not to be a bottleneck between the different Exim
processes that access it.

Regards,
Philip