Re: [exim] exim cygwin and dsearch (kind of long)

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: mnsanghvi
Para: Peter Bowyer, exim-users
CC:
Asunto: Re: [exim] exim cygwin and dsearch (kind of long)
'allo,

    I got rid of the relay_to_domains setting and it is empty now as it was.
    But now I keep getting the following error:

2004-08-25 03:49:27 H=sccrmhc11.comcast.net [204.127.202.55] F=<mnsanghvi@???> rejected RCPT <mns-usenet@???>: relay not permitted

"relay not permitted" seems to be like something coming out of the ACL section
and sure enough there is an ACL in there which uses relay_to_domains to
decide if it wants to accept the email or not.

  accept  domains       = +relay_to_domains
              endpass
              verify        = recipient

So I changed the "relay_to_domains" to "virtual_domains" but all that did
was prevent any email coming in. I saw nothing in the log files. 'tail -f' just
stayed empty. I switched back to having "relay_to_domains" and
now email is flowing again, though it is being rejected due to passing
through all the ACLs until it reaches the last ACL. Here are the ACLs
that came as default settings under Cygwin:

begin acl

acl_check_rcpt:

       accept  hosts = :

       deny    message       = Restricted characters in address
                  domains       = +local_domains
                  local_parts   = ^[.] : ^.*[@%!/|]

       deny    message       = Restricted characters in address
                  domains       = !+local_domains
                  local_parts   = ^[./|] : ^.*[@%!] : ^.*/\\.\\./

        accept  local_parts   = postmaster
                    domains       = +local_domains

        require verify        = sender

       accept  domains       = +local_domains
                   endpass
                   verify        = recipient

        accept  domains       = +relay_to_domains
                    endpass
                    verify        = recipient

         accept  hosts         = +relay_from_hosts

         accept  authenticated = *

          deny    message       = relay not permitted

Everything else seems to be defaulted, so I can't think of anything else that
could be causing the "relay not permitted" to show up.

I am assuming that I probably need some ACL added to the default set, but
am not sure what it should be.

cheers,

        mehul