[exim] Setting up a fallback e-mail server but maintain norm…

Autor: Sebastian Berm - Sebsoft
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] Setting up a fallback e-mail server but maintain normal operations as well
Hi,

At the time I'm working on a new sort of backup configuration for one of our
servers, but since I normally use standard Exim configs, I can't make heads
or tails from it.

I did find an old posting in the archives, but this is a bit different
situation from my own.
The message I found was this one:
http://www.exim.org/mailman/htdig/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20020930/006310.html
But that's a bit of a different situation.
I usually work with the Exim config you can find at
http://files.directadmin.com/services/exim4.conf. But this configure won't
be enough.

What I want to accomplish is this:
* Create a backup/fallback mailserver to receive mail while other servers
are offline. This would mean it needs to catch all mail to *@domain.ext
found in /var/exim/named_domainlist (which has a domain list that
dynamically updates at every DNS change) and try to send it to the normal
mail server for a week or so before dropping it, it would help if it also
passed through the normal spam check
* Use the same mailserver to be standard mailserver for a few unimportant
domains/hosting accounts that make up for the colocation cost of this
particulair server, these don't need a backup.

Is this doable in any way ?
I'm rather feeling like my head is hitting a brick wall here ;)

Thanks in advance,
Sebastian Berm