Re: [exim] Let the 'postmaster' callout option be damned

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Fred Viles
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Let the 'postmaster' callout option be damned
On 25 Aug 2004 at 0:09, Tim Jackson wrote about
    "[exim] Let the 'postmaster' callout":

| Specifically, I do not believe that you can deduce from the fact that you
| are presented with a mail with an envelope sender of <foo@???>,
| that example.com is misconfigured just because you cannot send a DSN
| (specifically) to <postmaster@???>.

?? I'm confused.

As I read the 4.4x spec the "use_postmaster" option applies only to
verify *recipient* callouts, not verify sender. In which case the
callout uses <postmaster@$qualify_domain> (instead of <>) as the
*sender* address, not the recipient address.

4.41 NewStuff doesn't mention that this was changed, did I miss a
memo?

- Fred