Re: [exim] virtual users, multiple domains, and multiple use…

Autor: Peter Bowyer
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] virtual users, multiple domains, and multiple usernames
anthony ry said:

> Hey,
>
> I recently switched from sendmail. I have set up exim in using virtual
> domains added by a control panel. I have everything working except from
> what I've noticed, exim checks for 'local users" before it checks for
> "virtual users".

In general, Exim does stuff in the order you specify in the routers in the
config file. In this case I suspect your config is determined by the
control panel system your'e using, so you'll need someone who's familiar
with the way that system builds Exim config and handles domainlists.

In a vanilla Exim, it's not hard to remove recognition of a particular
domain as 'local' so it can be treated as 'virtual' (neither term is
completely meaningful in Exim, as every domain can be treated according to
your requirements if you write enough config).

Peter