Re: [Exim] RE: Queue processing optimization

Author: Christian Hertel
Subject: Re: [Exim] RE: Queue processing optimization
--
Hello all again,

first of all thanks for your help.

I have to admit I didn't know the callout option, probably because of
the exim documentation says "Recipient callouts are usually used only
between hosts that are controlled by the same administration." and "This
facility should be used with care, because it can add a lot of resource
usage", I didn't read about it with care. But nobody's perfect :)

I now inserted the line "require verify =
recipient/callout=3s,use_sender,defer_ok" and it looks like it works as
expected.

The suggestion to get a copy of the userlist of our destination
mailservers to our mailrelay server is simply impossible, because we are
ISP and handling mail for very very much mailservers with different
operating systems and we are not administrating those servers.

Cheers,

--
Christian Hertel
Technik