Re: [Exim] Opinions sought: Most effective spam reductiontec…

Author: Kjetil Torgrim Homme
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Opinions sought: Most effective spam reductiontechniques
On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 14:06 +0100, Jethro R Binks wrote:
> This caught my eye, because it was brought to my attention just recently
> that Outlook 2003 stopped adding a Message-ID header to Internet email.

a twist on this: we have an external researcher who can't send e-mail
to our users since all his messages contain

yes, a blank ID. we don't reject this, but when it reaches Cyrus, it
will do duplication elimination based on the (msgid, folder) tuple, so
any subsequent messages are silently dropped.

I think it would be better if we rejected such e-mail messages, but I
haven't had time to update the configuration yet.
--
Kjetil T.