Re: [Exim] exiscan and aveserver (kaspersky 5)

Author: exim-users
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exiscan and aveserver (kaspersky 5)
> >who can make a patch to exiscan for kaspersky 5?
>
> I tried Kaspersky 5 some time ago. The protocol has changed between 4
> and 5, and with version 5, it is no longer documented.

That's not true. There exists a very good and highly detailed PDF document
of the Aveserver protocol called "Daemon Software Operation Description".
Unfortunately I can't distribute this documentation due to an NDA. But as
a Kaspersky customer, you may ask for the "Kaspersky Anti-Virus SDK" which
is mentioned in chapter 5.2.3 of the Linux FileServer AntiVirus Manual (at
least in the German edition, I assume it is equivalent in other languages).
You might get the ready-to-use aveclient-Library (all things exiscan needs
are already done by Kaspersky) and the aveserver.pdf with the protocol
description.

Why does somebody put this on the exim-users list? It should be on the
exiscan-user list instead.

Heiko