Re: [Exim] not deleting messages

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Patrick Kenlock
CC: exim-users
New-Topics: Re: [Exim] not deleting messages Concluded.
Subject: Re: [Exim] not deleting messages
On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 16:04, Patrick Kenlock wrote:
> Debian Server, exim, Thunderbird mail clients.
> 20 users all ok, 1 users mail keeps coming, up to
> 2456, each time the mails are deleted they keep coming
> back! any ideas?

Why do you think exim has anything to do with this?

The rather inadequate description of the problem tends to imply that
Thunderbird is using a pop/imap mail access method, and mail is not
being deleted from the pop/imap spool, however you give so little
information about the system that anything here is a wild guess.

If exim is involved then there will be log messages in the exim log
file.

    Nigel.