RE: [Exim] Emails without my address?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: jori.hamalainen
To: exim-users
Betreff: RE: [Exim] Emails without my address?
> > I get unsolicited emails from all kinds of sources, such as
> the one below.
> > They come in without my address on them or with someone elses.
> > How can I bounce these back to the sender if MY address is
> not in the To: feild?
> > Is there any way?
>
> What do you intend to do about messages from mailing lists,
> or BCC:ed messages?

Of course make priority filters...

1) filter messages directed to you into your inbox
2) filter from valid mailing list sources to mailing list folders
3) filter white list (spf, company domain, others) to your inbox
4) any other filters needed to identify spam
    - like 'regexp' filters [vV][:-]?[iI1l¡¦ÎÏìíîï][:-]?[aA][:-]?[gG6][:-]?[rR][:-]?[aA]
    - spam assassin etc. headers
5) filter without your name and move to spam folder
6) put rest of the messages to potential spam folder

But of course above filter list is not good, if you get spam with messages also directed to you. Then you can drop the filter one, and they should go to potential spam folder, which you can check out time to time, and white list legal entries from there, and delete others.

But there might be holes, but with that kind of filters a lot can be done to stop loosing time cleaning inbox.