Re: [Exim] directory permissions

Autor: Nigel Wade
A: Andy Wettstein
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] directory permissions
Andy Wettstein wrote:

> After a little more investigation the directories get group owned
> by the group of the parent directory. So if I change the group
> ownership of imapshared to sysadm all directories under imapshared get
> sysadm group owned. I'm not sure how this makes any sense.

There is a feature of some OS/filesystems which propogates group
permission/ownership into newly created directories. Could this be the issue
here?

It might be setuid bits on owner/group access, or the "sticky" bit.

E-mail :    nmw@???
Phone :     +44 (0)116 2523548, Fax : +44 (0)116 2523555