Re: [Exim] Exim issue

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Martin Owens
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim issue
On Wed, 11 Aug 2004, Martin Owens wrote:

> So there is an incompatability with exim and Linux? or am I just badly
> confuised?

Well, it works fine for many people with Linux.

What I am suggesting is that you find out exactly where in the sequence
the duplication is happening. Check that the original incoming message
is OK (use tcpdump). Then, if possible, take a look at the data on
Exim's spool (set queue_only so deliveries are postponed). Then look at
what is sent to the second host (tcpdump again). The look at the second
host's spool.

The idea is to find out where the problem is occurring.

> do I need to use somthing like local_scan to remove all the duplicate lines as
> a hack?

IMHO, not a good idea until (at least) you understand where the problem
actually lies.