[Exim] Sender ACL problem

Author: Rogers, Zoë A.
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Sender ACL problem
Hi,

I am trying to block emails that match a list of domains in the sender field, see exim configuration below. My entries are in red. The uncommented entry does block emails from that sender with the "Administratively prohibited" message.

However, I want the commented entry to work which matches the deny_spoof_domains list but when I try and send an email from any sender, I get a message saying "421 Unexpected failure, please try later". Any ideas?

Thanks,
Zoe

hostlist   relay_from_hosts = 127.0.0.1
domainlist local_domains = @
domainlist relay_to_domains = lsearch;/etc/mail/mes_domains
domainlist deny_spoof_senders = lsearch;/etc/mail/deny_spoof_domains
acl_smtp_rcpt = acl_check_rcpt
host_lookup = *
rfc1413_hosts = *
rfc1413_query_timeout = 5s
ignore_bounce_errors_after = 1d
timeout_frozen_after = 1d
log_file_path = /var/log/eximlogs/exim_%s
helo_allow_chars = _
#                       ACL CONFIGURATION                            #
#         Specifies access control lists for incoming SMTP mail      #
begin acl

acl_check_rcpt:
  accept  hosts = :
  deny    local_parts   = ^.*[@%!/|] : ^\\.
  accept  local_parts   = postmaster
          domains       = +local_domains
  require verify        = sender
  deny senders          = *@zoetesthost.com <mailto:*@zoetesthost.com>
  #deny senders         = +deny_spoof_senders
  accept  domains       = +local_domains
          endpass
          message       = unknown user
          verify        = recipient
  accept  domains       = +relay_to_domains
          endpass
          message       = unrouteable address
          verify        = recipient
  accept  hosts         = +relay_from_hosts
  accept  authenticated = *
  deny    message       = relay not permitted
#  ROUTERS CONFIGURATION  - ORDER MATTERS !!       #

This email from dns has been validated by dnsMSS Managed Email Security and is free from all known viruses.

For further information contact email-integrity@???