Re: [Exim] Build Exim with Oracle support

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Build Exim with Oracle support
Charlie Elgholm <charlie@???> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm new to this list, and also new to Exim.
>
> I'm trying to build Exim with Oracle support but it keeps
> backfiring on me with the stupid:
> ---
> make[1]: *** No rule to make target `lookups/lookups.a', needed by
> `exim'. Stop.
> ---
>
> I=I've tried including the LOOKUP_LIBS in the Local/Makefile:
> ---
> LOOKUP_LIBS=-L/usr/lib -L/home/oracle/product/9i/lib

Don't you need a '-l something' to bring in the Oracle libraries? I don't
know what the library's called, though.

Also, try a complete cleanup - rm -rf the build-* directory, make clean,
make makefile, make.

This sort of error can show up if you do a build and then add options in
Local/Makefile later.

Peter