Re: [Exim] Cache $address_data from verification, and make i…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Tore Anderson
CC: Nathan Ollerenshaw, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Cache $address_data from verification, and make it available to routers
On Tue, 10 Aug 2004, Tore Anderson wrote:

> Hmm. Interesting. Sadly, it doesn't seem to work here - when
> I'm eavesdropping with tethereal I see two lookups, one at RCPT
> TO-time, and one at routing time. (The first one is unbound when DATA
> is sent - smart.) The behaviour seems to be the same whether I use
> queue_only or not.
>
> Perhaps I need to flip a switch in the configuration file or wherever
> to enable the new cache pool?

No. The new extended caching still applies only within ONE Exim process.
The receiving process and the delivery processes are not the same
process. The only way to get inter-process caching is for somebody to
implement a new daemon that keeps a local cache of database queries (for
Exim and any other local applications). This has been talked about
before, but it is not a simple thing to write.