Re: [Exim] SMTP/LMTP callouts: How to pass some remote 4??/5…

Author: chris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] SMTP/LMTP callouts: How to pass some remote 4??/5?? replies "as they are" ?
Perhaps it's easier to just ask Julian direct ?

Julian: Is it possible to return the error message provided by the
tranport(er) as shown below:

--- Transport says: ---
--- /var/log/maillog
Aug 9 22:53:58 cyrus exim[14185]: 2004-08-09 22:53:58 H=ch.its.tudelft.nl
[130.161.156.139] F=<chris@???> rejected RCPT
<collect@???>: response to "RCPT
TO:<collect@???>" from 127.0.0.1 [127.0.0.1] was: 552
5.2.2 Over quota

But user gets:
--- part of body of return msg

  collect@???
    SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT
TO:<collect@???>:
    host cyrus.jvb.tudelft.nl [130.161.82.46]: 550 Recipient
unknown/invalid
---
RCPT ACL (fyi: made by Andrzej Filip !!)

  # Reject "faked" sender  addresses in cyrus domains
  deny    sender_domains= +cyrus_domains
          message       = Sender unknown/invalid
          !verify       = sender/callout=defer_ok,5s

  # Accept valid (and reject invalid) recipient adresses in cyrus domains
  accept  domains       = +cyrus_domains
          endpass
          message       = Recipient unknown/invalid
          verify        = recipient/callout=random,5s

---

For the sender the message "Recipient unknown/invalid" it very misleading
at the very least :)

any hints or tips ?

bye,
Chris