Re: [Exim] Exim 4 vs Apple Mail 1.3.8 (v618)

Autor: Ian A B Eiloart
A: Jonathan Mao
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Exim 4 vs Apple Mail 1.3.8 (v618)

--On Monday, August 9, 2004 7:41 pm +1000 Jonathan Mao
<jon@???> wrote:

> Hi Fred
>
> Thanks for the feedback. My problem is with sending.
>
> I don't know anything about the server configuration. I was hoping it
> might be a Mail.app setting that I was missing or something else on the
> client side.
>
> Anyway, the sysadmin is looking into it. Thanks again for getting back
> to me.. at least I know it *can* work :-)
>

> Regards
> Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

I also use Apple Mail with exim, we use a plaintext authenticator with
LDAP. It can be secure all the way.

One gotch with Apple Mail is that it will change your server port when you
select SSL. That's OK if port 143 is what you want. However, if 143 is the
wrong port you can change it after selecting SSL. Try changing it back to
25 - or ask your server admin for the correct setting.

--
Ian Eiloart
Servers Team