Re: [Exim] Malformed ACL

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Malformed ACL
Paulo Andre said:
> On 05/08/2004 16:26, Peter Bowyer wrote:
>> Paulo Andre said:
>> > accept  condition    = ${if eq {${hmac{md5}{scanned980}}}
>> > {$h_X-Scan-Signature:} {1}{0}}

>> > Could someone tell me where the above ACL is Malformed.
>> > Thanks
>>
>> ${hmac takes 3 arguments, you've only given 2.
>
> The example on duncanthrax has the $body_linecount as a 3rd arguement, I
> have
> modified as such:
> accept  condition    = ${if eq {${hmac{md5}{scanned980}{123456}}}
> {$h_X-Scan-Signature:} {1}{0}}
> Would the above work with a pass phrase and number? Because I have
> implemented
> and still the email gets checked twice.

The third argument to $hmac is the string to be hashed - it's not sensible
to set this to a constant, you're crippling the algorithm. The general
idea is to set it to something which is fairly unique to the message
you're dealing with, and stays constant between possible multiple
handlings of the message. Tom uses $body_linecount in his example.

Why not post the whole ACL section? Maybe you've got things happening in
the wrong order.

Peter