Re: [Exim] "non-printing character 27"

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Nathan Ollerenshaw
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Exim users list
Aihe: Re: [Exim] "non-printing character 27"
On Aug 5, 2004, at 8:46 PM, Nathan Ollerenshaw wrote:

> Any reason why this shouldn't work?
>
> If I send english subject emails to it, it works fine. Japanese emails
> don't. Simple solution is to remove the $header_subject part, but I
> wanted to keep that if possible.

by the way, if I use the suggesting in the faq:

Q0441: I received a message with a Subject: line that contained a
non-printing character (a carriage return). This messed up my filter
file. Is there a way to get round it?

A0441: Instead of $h_subject: use ${escape:$h_subject:}

The japanese text gets garbled.

It seems exim is doign some parsing on the string? because the client
is sending it as:

Subject: =?iso-2022-jp?B?GyRCJUYlOSVIGyhC?=

Which is nicely escaped. If I could just send back

Subject: [Auto-Reply] =?iso-2022-jp?B?GyRCJUYlOSVIGyhC?=

I'd be happy ;)

Nathan.

--
Nathan Ollerenshaw - UNIX Systems Engineer
ValueCommerce - http://www.valuecommerce.ne.jp/